Online Registration is now closed. If you are interested in attending, please email Jill Huber.
U.S. Export Controls: A Primer & Discussion of Recent Developments
This seminar provides an overview of U.S. export control regulations, specifically: ITAR (State Dept), EAR (Commerce), and embargo programs (OFAC/Treasury). We will review what the current export control rules are and what you need to do to keep your company compliant. We will then proceed to discuss recent updates in export control such as the evolving export controls on emerging and foundational technologies and their implications for exporters; the Huawei sanctions; increasing enforcement focus on AES filings and their implications for US exporters; and electronic device border search practices and their implications for export control compliance.
WHEN: Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 8:15 am - 2:00 pm
WHERE: Pittsburgh Technology Council, 100 S Commons, Suite 172, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- 8:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Registration, Networking, and Light Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. Introduction and Why Export Controls Matter (Bruce Chiu)
- 9:30 a.m. - 10:45 a.m. U.S. Export Controls Overview (ITAR/EAR/OFAC/AES) (Steve Harris)
- 10:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Break
- 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Classification Focus: Specially Designed / Commodity Jurisdictions and Commodity Classifications (Bruce Chiu)
- 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. Electronic Device Border Search Best Practices (Bruce Chiu)
- 1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Recent Developments, Closing Remarks and Q&A (Susanne Cook)
COST: (Member/Non-Member, Early/Late/ Walk-In):
$99 Member / $299 Non-Member
Entrepreneur Rate: $50 Member / $299 Non-Member
PLEASE ENSURE YOU LOG-IN FIRST ON THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE, AND THEN YOU WILL SEE REGISTRATION OPTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
*Please complete registration via proceed to checkout button on bottom right corner of page. Once order has been submitted you will receive an email confirmation/ receipt.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT POLICY:
Online Registration will close 1-2 days prior to event (unless the event fills up sooner). Pre-Registration is always requested, when possible, so that we may best plan for your arrival. Walk-in registrants, when accepted, must pay onsite (additional fee required) with a credit card or check to obtain entry to the event, no exceptions. Refunds requested less than 2 business days prior to the event will not be granted. Substitutions are welcome.
Not sure if your company's a Member, or have questions about How to Register? Please contact Sandra Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.