Online registration is now closed for this event. Please contact Jill with any questions.
STEM Summit 2018: For Educators, Business Leaders, Parents and Students
Join us as we work to promote the future pipeline of technology talent in the region. The 2018 STEM Summit is a one-day event designed to showcase the diverse array of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math related careers that are available in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Who should consider attending?
• K-12 educators, administrators, and guidance counselors
• Senior high school students (9th- 12th grades)
• College/University educators, students, administrators, and career counselors
• Business Leaders- Future Employers
At this year’s STEM Summit, attendees will have the opportunity to not only learn from our distinguished panel about diverse career opportunities in the energy and telecommunications industries, but also to hear from and visit some of the most exciting technology companies in the region.
• AT&T – Michael Flanagan, Principal Network Planning Engineer, AT&T.
• Columbia Gas – Andy Tubbs, Vice President of External and Customer Affairs.
• Duquesne Light Company – Gunther Hehn, Managing Director Operations Applications.
• Pennsylvania American Water – Jimmy Sheridan, VP of Operations.
• Peoples Gas – Jeffrey Nehr, Vice President, Business Development.
• FirstEnergy – George Farah, VP of Fossil Engineering and Support
• Pennsylvania PUC – Chairman Gladys M. Brown
CONFIRMED TOUR LOCATIONS:
(Each Attendee will visit 2 of the Tour Company Locations; Attendees will be asked for their preference & we will do our best to accommodate all requests).
WHEN: Thursday, May 10, 2018 | 7:15 am - 3:30 pm
WHERE: Robert Morris University, Yorktown Hall, 8256 University Blvd., Moon Township, PA 15108
AGENDA: (subject to change)
7:15 am: Check-In, Networking & Breakfast Buffet
8:00 am: Event Kickoff by the Pittsburgh Technology Council
8:15–9:30 am: STEM in Telecommunications and Energy, Panel moderated by PA Public Utility Commission
9:30-9:45 am: Break; Pick-up Box Lunch
9:45-10:00 am: Board Buses for Company Tours
10:00 am: Depart for 1st Company Tours
10:30 am: Arrive at Companies & Begin Tour/Presentations
12:00-12:30 pm: Lunch Break at 1st Tour Company
12:30-12:45 pm: Board Buses & depart for 2nd Tour Company
1:15 pm: Arrive at 2nd Companies and Begin Tour/Presentations
2:45 pm: Finish 2nd Tour and Board Bus for return trip
3:15 pm: Depart for Home
Member: $99 / Non-Member: $175
Special rate for Educators & Students (Valid ID required) of $25. Please contact Sandra Rose for registration & payment.
EVENT SPONSORS LISTED HERE
Sponsorship Opportunities Available, Contact Carolyn Candebat for more information!
PLEASE ENSURE YOU LOG-IN FIRST ON THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE, AND THEN YOU WILL SEE REGISTRATION OPTIONS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT POLICY:
Pre-Registration is always requested, when possible, so that we may best plan for your arrival. Walk-in registrants, when accepted, must pay onsite with a credit card or check to obtain entry to the event, no exceptions. Refunds requested less than 2 business days prior to the event will not be granted. Substitutions are welcome.
Questions about Sponsorship opportunities? Please contact Carolyn Candebat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure if your company's a Member, or have questions about How to Register? Please contact Sandra Rose at email@example.com